Schedule and location
Thursday, December 3, 7:00 to 9:00 p.m. (SOLD OUT)
Fees and registration
Make a set of personalized notecards using watercolor from the comfort of your home. Even beginners will be able to create beautiful, mail-worthy cards in this hands-on workshop. Need thank you cards for holiday hosts? Want to send a holiday greeting? Pour a glass of wine, and then follow along as you create elegant, simple designs under your instructor’s encouraging guidance. Explore your creative side and learn a few things, too!
Carrie Carlson earned an MFA in Scientific Illustration at the University of Michigan and an MA in Printmaking from Governors State University. She is a full-time high school art teacher. In her free time, she loves to fill up travel sketchbooks and grow a rowdy garden.
- You’ll need to gather some supplies before class. Make sure you have:
- A few watercolor paints (a red, a yellow, and a blue would be ideal, but we’ll work with whatever you have)
- A set of 10 watercolor notecards (like these)
- At least one round watercolor brush (size 4, 6, or 8 is great!)
- A water cup
- Paper towels
- Masking tape or painter’s tape
- A sturdy piece of cardboard or board to tape your paper to
- A pencil
- If you don’t have any watercolor supplies, you can purchase everything you need for about $20. Pick up a beginner’s kit, such as the Faber-Castell Watercolor Art for Beginners Kit, which includes paint, a brush, and paper. You can affix the included paper to blank, heavyweight notecards, like these).
- Questions about supplies? Email your instructor, Carrie, at email@example.com
This program will take place using Zoom video conferencing. A link will be provided to all registrants by email. Registrants should click on the link to join the program at the scheduled date and time.
- New to Zoom? Watch this short video to learn how to join a webinar.
- Please add firstname.lastname@example.org to your address book. You will receive an email from this address with the link to join class.
- Registration closes five hours before class begins. Participants will need access to the internet via a computer or mobile device.
- Registration closes five hours before class begins.
- Limit 30