Schedule and location
Available for 60 days
- Section F: Thursday, December 17, 2020, 12:00 p.m. central time: Access online self-paced materials Register now
Please note: Early online registration is open Nov 24-30 exclusively for Ginkgo Circle, Oak Circle, Hawthorn Circle, Elm Circle, and Thornhill Circle members. Registration opens to all members December 1.
Available for 60 days
- Section A: Thursday, Jan 21, 2021, 12:00 p.m. (Central time): Access self-paced materials online. Register now
- Section B: Thursday, Feb 18, 2021, 12:00 p.m. (Central time): Access self-paced materials online. Register now
- Section C: Thursday, March 18, 2021, 12:00 p.m. (Central time): Access self-paced materials online. Register now
Fees and registration
BY PHONE: 630-719-2468 or to be waitlisted ( Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.)
Learn to identify the common trees you see in local preserves or in your neighborhood in this self-guided online class from The Morton Arboretum. In this course, you will
use characteristics such as leaves, bark, branches, flowers, and fruit to ID a tree.
learn to use keys and field guides.
see and understand your natural surroundings in a new way, from the comfort of your home or office.
How Self-paced Online Classes Work:
- To access the class, you will log into TreeLearning, the Arboretum’s online learning portal. Instructions for accessing TreeLearning will be sent to registrants just after noon on the day the course begins. You have access to the course for 60 days and can complete the materials anytime.
- Complete the self-paced e-learning modules with reading material, short videos, interactive activities, and quizzes to check your understanding.
- The course will take approximately 90 minutes. The course does not need to be completed in one sitting.
- Your instructor will not be online with you.
- This class is held entirely online.
- The online materials will take approximately 90 minutes to complete.
- Registration closes at 7:00 a.m. (Central time) on the day the online materials are released.
- Participants will have access to the online materials for 60 days after the course start date.
- Limit 50
- Participants must have access to the internet and know how to use a web browser (ex: Chrome, Safari, Internet Explorer)
- Participants must know how to send and receive email.
- A unique email address for each participant is required at registration.