Schedule and location
Please note: Early online registration is open Nov 24-30 exclusively for Ginkgo Circle, Oak Circle, Hawthorn Circle, Elm Circle, and Thornhill Circle members. Registration opens to all members December 1.
Monday, January 18, 2021, noon Central time: Access self-paced materials online. Register now
(available for 60 days)
Fees and registration
BY PHONE: 630-719-2468 or to be waitlisted ( Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.)
Learn to effectively and efficiently use the tools of the trade to tackle different restoration jobs. Get to know your tools, pick the right tools for the right tasks, and learn to use the different tools safely. From the comfort of your home or office, use self-paced online learning modules created by Arboretum experts to learn how to plan and run safe workdays, meet site safety guidelines, and how to care for equipment.
How Self-paced Online Classes Work:
- To access the class, you will log into TreeLearning, the Arboretum’s online learning portal. Instructions for accessing TreeLearning will be sent to registrants just after noon on the day the course begins. You have access to the course for 60 days and can complete the materials anytime.
- Complete the self-paced e-learning modules with reading material, short videos, interactive activities, and quizzes to check your understanding.
- The course will take approximately 90 minutes. The course does not need to be completed in one sitting.
- There will not be an instructor online with you.
- This class is held entirely online.
- Participants will have access to the online materials for 60 days after the course start date.
- Registration closes at 7:00 a.m. (Central time) on the day the online materials are available.
- Limit 50
- Participants must have access to the internet and know how to send and receive email.
A unique email address for each participant is required at registration.
Continuing education: This class fulfills a requirement for the Natural Areas Conservation Training (N-ACT)
Program. (Learn more about N-ACT.)