Schedule and location
October 29, 12:00 p.m. central time: Access online self-paced materials.
Fees and registration
In this short, free online class, discover why oaks are so important for the Arboretum and for all of us.
From the comfort of your home or office, use self-paced online learning modules to learn about oaks and the habitats they shape and live in. Slides narrated by an Arboretum plant expert and interactive, no-pressure quizzes will help you learn about the importance of oaks.
How Self-paced Online Classes Work:
- Registration closes five hours before the online materials are available.
- To access the class, you will log into TreeLearning, the Arboretum’s online learning portal. Instructions for accessing TreeLearning will be sent to registrants on the day the course begins. You have access to the course for 60 days and can complete the materials anytime.
- Complete the self-paced e-learning modules with reading material, short videos, interactive activities, and quizzes to check your understanding.
- The course will take approximately 30 minutes. The course does not need to be completed in one sitting.
- Your instructor will not be online with you.
- This class is held entirely online.
- The online materials will take approximately 30 minutes to complete.
- Participants will have access to the online materials for 60 days after the course start date.
- Registration closes five hours before online materials are released. Limit 100
- Participants must have access to the internet and know how to use a web browser (ex: Chrome, Safari, Internet Explorer)
- Participants must know how to send and receive email.
- A unique email address for each participant is required at registration.