Season 1: Episode 9:
Guests: Jessica Turner-Skoff, Tree-ologist (Science Communication Specialist) and Meghan Wiesbrock, Manager of Curriculum and Instruction.
Before you start the winding path into plant related careers, get to know the hosts, in this bonus episode. Unravel their early interest and passion for STEM, and learn how a plant profession could be a perfect job for you!
- Jessica Turner-Skoff’s Favorite Plant Profile: Tulip Tree
- Meghan Wiesbrock’s Favorite Plant Profile: Redbud
- Meghan’s Photo Profile— Learn more about Meghan’s prior experience as a teacher, her internship with the Dupage Forest Preserve, and her current role at The Arboretum.
- Jessica’s Photo Profile—Learn more about Jessica’s internships, her connections to several of the guests featured this season, as well as her background and current role.
- Information on plant blindness (during the episode Jessica and Meghan discuss this concept of plant blindness). For a deeper dive on the topic of plant blindness.
- As a child, Jessica was first introduced to the concept of ethnobotany when she discovered that plants (specifically white pine) could be used to ward off Scurvy. Learn about other ways humans can use plants, including to filter water
SHARE: Please tell us what you think. After you have listen to one (or several) episodes, we welcome your feedback.