Take a class from a Morton Arboretum expert! Invest in yourself, express creativity, and deepen your understanding of nature. Classes are open to members and the public. Click on the program areas to find a class that suits your interests.
Looking for online courses? We offer fully online courses on different topics throughout the year.
Current Class Listings for Adult Programs
Whether exploring a new found hobby or digging deeper into plants and nature, adults of all ages have a myriad of ways to keep learning from the experts at the Arboretum. Class topics include botanical art and illustration, horticulture and gardening, natural history, and nature photography. VIEW CURRENT ADULT PROGRAMS or select an interest area below.
- Gardening & Horticulture
- Nature Art and Photography
- Outdoor Skills and Adventure
- Professional Development
- Trees and Nature
- Wellness and Green Living
- Natural Areas Conservation Training Program
The Arboretum also offers courses and field trip opportunities for college students and hosts professional meetings. Click on the links below to learn more.
Art societies gather at the Arboretum to build community and develop skills with workshops and exhibits. More information is available on their webpages (outside links):
- The Nature Artists’ Guild of The Morton Arboretum (NAG)
- The Morton Arboretum Photographic Society (MAPS)
Have questions about learning opportunities for adults and college students or about program access that aren't answered on these pages? Contact the Registrar's Office at Registrarfirstname.lastname@example.org or at 630-719-2468 (Monday through Friday, 9:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.)
If a class is sold out, call the Registrar's office (630-719-2468) to join the wait list.
Weather Cancellation Hotline
Classes run rain or shine unless there is a threat of severe weather. If severe weather is forecast please call 630-719-7979 for updates on weather related cancellations.
Education Program Cancellation Policies
- Refund requests must be submitted two business days prior to the program start date. To request a refund, call or email the registrar's office at 630-719-2468 or email@example.com.
- If the registration fee is $25.00 or more, the registration fee will be refunded, less a $5.00 processing charge. If the registration fee is less than $25.00, the registration fee will be refunded in full. Refunds will be issued by check if the original payment was made by cash or check, or by credit to the same credit card used to make the original payment.
- Fees are nonrefundable and nontransferable on and after the program’s start date. The Morton Arboretum cannot refund fees requested on or after the start date of a program or for sessions missed due to student illness or other personal situations.
- Students will be issued a full refund in the event that The Morton Arboretum cancels a class for any reason.
The linked terms and conditions apply to all Education program purchases from the Arboretum.
If you purchased your class on CourseHorse, our cancellation policy applies to your purchase. If you need help canceling or have any questions, please visit CourseHorse (link: https://coursehorse.com/contac
Education Program Safety Policies
- If a program participant is unwell, or has been in contact with someone who is unwell in the last two weeks, the participant must stay home. A full refund will be issued on request.
- Program participants must comply with current public health guidelines as required by the Governor of Illinois, which include social distancing and the use of personal protective equipment under certain circumstances when on-site. For more information on the Arboretum’s guidelines, please visit our COVID-19 updates page.
Your visit to The Morton Arboretum is implied consent for the use of your likeness by the Arboretum without limit in any and all media, for any purpose.